2023 Summer Intern – FHA/HUD
Berkadia’s Internship Program is designed to increase your education, impact, and involvement in Commercial Real Estate and Finance. Our program combines real-world work experience with continuing education and mentorship. As a Berkadia Intern, you will work alongside professionals, collaborating on projects, helping complete daily tasks, and working with us to influence our industry.
This intern will be working with our FHA/HUD (Federal Housing Administration / Housing and Urban Development) group.
Under supervision of your manager, you will work with your team to complete essential duties including the following:
- Review and analyze current and historical income and expenses of a property, along with market data, to determine the potential terms and conditions of the loan.
- Prepare loan submission packages for lender review and communicate with lenders.
- Compile, add, and maintain quotes to present to clients and track internally.
- Maintain communication with the borrower and mortgage banker throughout the process from quote to close.
- Facilitate information flow during due diligence/underwriting stage. Answer questions from lenders generated by the submission and research, analyze and provide additional information on request, including third party reports.
- Assist in maintaining vendor relationships, soliciting, and organizing report bids and arrange due diligence collection and site inspections.
- Collect relevant data to analyze and create new business opportunities.
- Participate in phone, video, and face to face client meetings.
- Assist loan processors with Pipeline entry.
- Execute internal projects with marketing, transformation, and innovation technology departments within Berkadia.
- Assist group leaders with understanding the team’s pain points and formulating solutions using Berkadia’s platform resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct supervision of a Berkadia manager and added support of an assigned mentor within your department
- Educational resources and guidance surrounding industry knowledge and professional development
- Regular learning sessions held with business leaders
- A cohort of dedicated Interns working in different departments across the country
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Desire to learn and advance in the Commercial Real Estate sector
- Initiative and drive to search for ways to contribute and grow
- Basic technology skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.