The Opportunity –
Berkadia is seeking an intern to assist in Technology Procurement Activities. An Ideal candidate will assist in the creation of procurement processes, and the development of technology alternatives to enable Berkadians with the best tools available. Among other duties, the intern will participate in:
- Research Software & Services: Categorizing needs of users and researching alternative solutions. Make suggestions and verify use cases with business users.
- Procurement Operations: respond to procurement requests and manage purchasing activities such as goods and service sourcing, creation of requisitions, purchase orders, vendor management etc., IT Invoice Processing
- Ad Hoc Analysis: Respond to requests for financial research
- Help track technology equipment: Project to integrate two systems of record and participate in the creation of tech asset inventory reducing operational risk and creating transparency for requestors and custodians.
- Mobile Device Management: Assist in the management of cellular devices and request.
- IT Invoice Processing
- Provide purchasing reports as needed to IT, Corporate Accounting and Tax Advisors
What someone will need to be successful in this role –
Educational Requirements: Intern should be a majoring in one of the following: Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Information Systems, Other business discipline with technology focus
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365 Suite, understanding of accounting principles, Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus.
- Candidate should possess a strong appetite for learning and a desire to create process and participate in active analysis of alternative.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Upbeat, positive outlook, and teamwork mentality
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.