The Associate Director will become an expert on market elements that impact Commercial Real Estate and perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Commercial Real Estate assets. The Associate will assist the Investment Sales Advisor with financial analysis, research, and the preparation of market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, offering rapid career ascension.
- Breakdown and analyze Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and rent rolls.
- Utilize and maintain databases which track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- Assist in the presentation of analysis to clients.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, as well as economic and demographic trends.
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials.
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team and clients to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Track-record of high performance within a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Minimum of (Five) 5-10 years of professional experience, including internships
- Specific experience as an analyst researching market trends and local industries in the Real Estate industry preferred.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Commercial Real Estate experience.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Expert-level MS Excel skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.