Investment Sales Associate
Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your expertise and experience to a team that appreciates you and your contributions? At Berkadia, our People Matter. It’s a core value of who we are and forms the foundation of our best-in-class service—to our clients and one another. Joining our team as an Associate, you’ll have an opportunity to grow your expertise of market elements that impact commercial real estate and perform in-depth financial analysis with a focus on evaluating commercial real estate assets. Your contributions will be valued as they support the Institutional Investment Sales Advisor with financial analysis, research, and the preparation of market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. And, best of all, this role offers an opportunity for rapid career growth.
Here’s what we’d like you to focus on:
- Breakdown and analyze Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and rent rolls.
- Utilize and maintain databases which track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- Assist in the presentation of analysis to clients.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, as well as economic and demographic trends.
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials.
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team and clients to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Track-record of high performance within a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will help you be successful in this role? Below is representative list of the skills and experiences that will help you achieve success and grow in this role.
- Minimum of (Five) 5 years of professional experience, including internships
- Specific experience as an analyst researching market trends and local industries in the Real Estate industry preferred Experience in a client-facing role.
- Commercial Real Estate experience.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Expert-level MS Excel skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) preferred, but not required.
An added benefit of joining our team, our private ownership structure with Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group allows us to make decisions for the benefit of our employees and clients, not shareholders, because above all, our people are the heart and soul of everything we do.
Are you ready to join a team focused on your success so you can focus on the success of others? Let’s talk.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.