The Manager, Software Engineering will manage and support a team of software engineers and will provide technical leadership within the team responsible for architecting, adapting, and implementing software solutions that support enterprise-wide business strategies and objectives
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- At least 7 years of professional software manager engineering experience (At least 5 years of experience as a software engineers.)
- Strong proficiency of coding in multiple languages
- Demonstrated history with Frontend and backend .NET programming experience
- Understands design patterns, scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs. Focus on Quality.
- Ability to provide clear direction, performance management, identify developmental needs and provide mentoring and counseling to employees.
- Work with Product Managers on a long-term roadmap and vision as well as break down requirements during implementation.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers. Discuss and influence product architecture to increase developer agility while retaining architectural sanctity.
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to ensure development of high-quality software that complies with all architecture and engineering standards; and delivers incremental value to business.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Manage software development work to create new products and maintain existing applications to create value for users and customers.
- Influence, guide and motivate software engineers to meet product development plans, cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Ensure all the developed software are adequately tested and meet Berkadia standards.
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety of features.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies for software to be developed / under development.
- Remove tactical impediments and drive resolution of issues while ensuring continued focus on incremental business value – within teams and across teams.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
- Support preparation of Engineering Roadmap. Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Hire, retain, and grow strong talent to build a highly capable, high-performance team.
- Assess team members’ skills and provide resources for self-development.
- Supervise and assign work to software engineers and manages and assess their performance.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.