The Real Estate Analyst Hotels & Hospitality will assist an Investments Sales team with financial analysis and preparing market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. The Real Estate Analyst, Hotels & Hospitality is instrumental in providing excellent support for our Investment Sales Advisors as they conduct their daily business activities.
- Assist Investment Sales Advisors in preparation of investment memorandums and valuations for review by senior executives.
- Assist market research manager in procuring and analyzing market rates and expenses, comparable sales, market trends, etc.
- Prepare financial modeling inclusive of alternative methods of valuation including DCF, Direct Cap, Comp Sale, and IRR among others.
- Assist in financial analysis and projections for acquisition and disposition opportunities so that senior executives can evaluate the financial feasibility and viability of each project.
- Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and competitive market STAR Reports.
- Utilize and maintain databases which track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- Prepare and actively participate in high-level presentations for internal and external clients.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
- Assist in managing third-party reports to complete all underwriting/due diligence related acquisitions and disposition activities.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- General understanding of the principles of sales preferred.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of real estate value drivers, including capital markets, real estate submarket dynamics and specific lease considerations preferred.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences required.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments at one time and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- One to Three years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.