Senior Real Estate Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) finance to lead analytical projects, mentor Real Estate Analyst, and to support Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking and Investment Sales professionals meet the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The Senior Real Estate Analyst will have experience working on several real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process driven tasks to drive transactions to closing.
- Supports mortgage banking and investment sales professionals’ source and execute business.
- Participates in local marketing and sales efforts.
- Mentors and directs Real Estate Analyst on projects and deal-related tasks including cash flow and cost report analysis.
- Leverages Company’s centralized resources including teams based in Hyderabad, India.
- Analyzes commercial and multifamily real estate, which includes generating pro forma valuations and sizing appropriate loan options.
- Prepares formal loan submissions for lenders by drafting quotes to the business and credit teams; Add quotes to internal tracking system (Salesforce); Prepare loan applications; Draft internal approval memos; Follow-up on outstanding business and address internal reporting needs; and Review loan servicing data.
- Leads deal processing from applications to closings.
- Reviews due diligence material for real estate transactions.
- Review pertinent market information, including rent/sale comps, capitalization rates, market vacancy, trends and other data necessary to evaluate specific loan opportunities, including competitor information.
- Interfaces with external parties including owners of real estate, providers of capital, vendors, consultants and attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio; experience with tools like pivot tables, presentation animation and formatting charts preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.