The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for independently designing, developing, and deploying software solutions that support enterprise-wide business strategies and objectives. The Senior Software Engineer will also provide technical mentorship to less experienced software engineers.
Essential Duties (Primary Responsibilities) include the following:
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, product owners, and architects through analysis of requirements, application/data flows, and by following the software development life cycle.
- Strong abilities to independently develop code and perform unit/integration testing.
- Assist in identification and assessment of incremental improvements to software development processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Leverage TDD practices to build and test code covering all scenarios and functionalities and ensure optimum test coverage.
- Perform CI/CD activities according to the plans to build and deploy release packages to a live production environment.
- Demonstrate a security-oriented mindset and ensure the code is developed in compliance with the organization’s security guidelines and requirements.
- Participate and adhere to all agile ceremonies to ensure deliveries are made in a timely manner and within the defined sprint goals.
- Contribute to the evaluation of platform, framework, or technology stacks to select the best software solution for the customer’s current and future needs.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities, requirements, and scopes during the software development life cycle.
- Contribute to build a safe environment to enable team members to speak up and discuss differentiating viewpoints.
- Ability to continuously document all configuration requirements and changes to code during the ongoing development and delivery of software solutions.
- Be a continuous learner, create a development plan and set goals to accomplish the plan.
- Promote communication, integration, and collaboration for enhanced software development productivity.
- Demonstrate self-development by staying current with new technologies, best practices, and design patterns.
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
What someone will need to be successful in the role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of experience in software development.
- SSIS, CI/CD, IIS (Preferred skills)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of application security principles.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.