Top Producer 2016 Company Wide
David Oakley, Senior Managing Director at the Alabama office, focuses exclusively on providing apartment owners with a fully-integrated, multifamily, capital, markets and sales platform. Oakley is the Southeast's preeminent advocate for all things multifamily. And has followed his heart by committing an abundance of emotional and financial resources to the promotion of Alabama's multifamily housing arena. An ambitious visionary, Oakley has cast a wide net in the establishment of these business ventures, and has accomplished unrivaled synergy in all fundamental aspects of the industry. The effective harnessing of the region's diverse multifamily core axioms, have allowed Oakley to become a foremost principal resource to an expanse of both institutional and private equity.
Oakley has been highly successful in multifamily real estate throughout the Southeastern United States for over fifteen years. Since entering the multifamily industry, Oakley has closed over $4.5 Billion in transactions and has led the state of Alabama in multifamily sales volume since 2007. Just last year, Oakley and his team transacted 64 apartment communities throughout the Sun Belt region with just under 10,000 units, equaling to $864 Million in sales.
David is a native of Florence, Alabama and a graduate of Samford University with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, graduating summa cum laude. He is a the founder and board member of Red Mountain Grace, a faith based nonprofit in Birmingham, the Birmingham Chapter of the National MS Society, and volunteers on several of it's committees. David enjoys golf, water sports, and travel.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Samford University, Summa Cum Laude, CCIM Candidate
- Licensed Real Estate Agent / Broker - Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee
Affiliations & Memberships
- Alabama Apartment Association - Member
- NMHC Emerging Leader
- 2010 - 2016 Costar Power Broker
- Selected Real Estate Entrepreneur of the Year by Birmingham Magazine 2007
- Top Producer for Number of Apartment Transactions in Alabama Since 2007
- #1 Sales Producer Berkadia 2016
- #2 Sales Producer Berkadia 2014 - 2015