Director of Mortgage Banking in New York
Michael Shmuely is a director in the Berkadia New York City office. In this role, he is responsible for originating new business for all of Berkadia's lending platforms as well as providing debt solutions for his clients through 3rd-party lenders. Michael's expertise runs from the top to the bottom of the capital stack and he has arranged financing for a variety of asset types including multifamily, retail, hospitality, and office.
Born and raised in Queens, NY and a proud graduate of the University of Michigan, Michael spends his free time playing basketball, golf, backgammon, and reading non-fiction.
Education & Certifications
- University of Michigan, B.A., Economics
Affiliations & Memberships
- Friends of Israel Disabled Veterans, Board Member
- Friends of Israel Disabled Veterans Young Leadership Group, Chair
- American Society for Yad Vashem Young Leadership, Vice Chair
- UJA Real Estate Division, Board Member
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Agency Financing
- Construction Financing
- Bridge Financing