Managing Director – JV Equity & Structured Capital Group
Noam Franklin is Managing Director of and Head of Eastern US for Berkadia’s JV Equity & Structured Capital Group. Based in New York, the group focuses on raising equity and structured capital from domestic and international qualified capital sources. Noam and his two partners, Chinmay Bhatt and Cody Kirkpatrick, have capitalized over $1.2 billion of transactions since joining Berkadia in 2019.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Mr. Franklin was the Founder and Managing Principal of a boutique capital advisory firm, Central Park Capital Partners. Central Park Capital Partners was officially acquired by Berkadia in 2019.
Before moving to the United States, Noam spent seven years living in the United Arab Emirates working for some of the leading real estate institutions in Abu Dhabi and he maintains strong relationships to a wide spectrum of institutional capital in the region. Mr. Franklin completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Western Ontario before earning a Master of Science in Real Estate Development from Columbia University.
Education & Certifications
- University of Western Ontario, HBA
- Columbia University, Master of Science in Real Estate Development
Affiliations & Memberships
Recent Press & Publications
- Berkadia on Engineering Equity Transactions Amid COVID-19
- Berkadia’s JV Equity and Structured Capital Group Surpasses $1 Billion in Transactions Closed
- Berkadia Arranges $50m Platform Level Capital Partner for Monday Properties
- Berkadia Arranges $36M in JV Equity for $114M Acquisition of Multifamily Community in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Berkadia Secures JV Equity Partner to build 226-Residence South Cost Metro Community in Orange County, California
- Berkadia Arranges Equity Recapitalization for $138 Million Six-Property Multifamily Portfolio Located in Florida and Georgia
- Stillwater Capital Breaks Ground on 372 Unit South Austin MF
- Berkadia Arranges $45M in Debt and Equity for Two Multifamily Properties in New Orleans
- Capital Partner Secured for $59m Zoey Multifamily Development
- Berkadia Arranges $8m Preferred Equity Investment near Los Angeles
- UIP Secures JV Equity Financing for NoMa Condo
- Berkadia Acquires Central Park Capital Partners, Launches Structured Capital Group
Awards & Notability
- GlobeST - Fifty under 40 (2020)
- Crain’s – Rising Stars in Real Estate (2020)