Warren Higgins serves as Executive Vice President, Head of Production Technology and a member of Berkadia’s Management Committee. Mr. Higgins has been with Berkadia and its predecessor companies for over 35 years, working as a leading loan originator for much of his tenure. Prior to his current role, Mr. Higgins oversaw Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking operations for four years. During that time, Berkadia’s annual origination volume grew from $10 billion to over $23 billion.
Mr. Higgins’ extensive loan origination experience includes construction loans, interim loans, permanent mortgages, tax-free financing, participating mortgages and equity investments. In his thirty years as a mortgage banker, Mr. Higgins originated transactions totaling more than $5 billion with more than 50 different capital sources including GSEs, life insurance companies, banks, credit companies, investment banks, REITs and pension funds.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University
- Completed numerous courses offered by the Appraisal Institute and Mortgage Bankers Association
Affiliations & Memberships
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at Wharton
- Former member of Freddie Mac's Advisory Council
- Former member of Lincoln National Advisory Council