Experienced Real Estate Investment Banker
Mark J. Vogel is a performance-driven, experienced commercial real estate investment banker with a proven ability to structure complex investments and financing within the institutional real estate community. Having developed significant relationships with various property and mortgage REITs, equity capital, pension funds, hedge funds, advisory firms, CMBS lenders, master servicers, life insurance companies and commercial banks, Mr. Vogel is highly proficient at evaluating real estate holdings while developing solutions to further client capital needs.
Mark has comprehensive experience at executing complex first mortgage/mezzanine debt financing and equity placements for numerous acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations, asset optimizations, workouts, sale leasebacks and loan sales on his clients’ behalf.
Over the last 15 years, Mr. Vogel has developed key national relationships leading to various investments and financing into lifestyle centers, retail shopping centers and regional malls, office, multi-family, industrial, hotel, and self-storage properties. He has the ability to lead teams of analysts, lenders, lender’s counsel, sales advisory and third party providers to facilitate client capital raising.
- Structured and negotiated fixed and floating rate notes, equity and joint venture partnership agreements, purchase agreements, multi-lender transactions, letters of credit, earn-outs, hold-backs, master leases, tenant improvement reserve accounts, hospitality property improvement plans, carve-outs, A Note/B Note bifurcations, pari passu and mezzanine lender inter-creditor agreements, tax abatement negotiations, subordinations of asset management agreements, tenant/equipment leases, and equity/debt positions.
- Placed over 250 senior and mezzanine debt, joint venture, equity, sale and single tenant sale leaseback transactions exceeding $4 billion with equity investors, CMBS, pension and hedge fund, life insurance and commercial banking institutions.
- Oversaw the organization of equity/debt financing packages, negotiations of term sheets and letters of intent, underwritings, loan documents, appraisals, environmental/property condition reports while monitoring the documentation processes. Assisted clients with analysis of property quality/valuation, tenant creditworthiness, lease review, and investor return modeling.
Education & Certifications
- Ohio State University Economics, History
Affiliations & Memberships
- Board member H.E.L.P. Malawi
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Lifestyle Centers
- Retail Shopping Centers and Regional Malls