Top 10% Production: Multifamily Lending Expert
Allan Freedman is managing director specializing in multifamily finance in Berkadia’s Los Angeles office. He has consistently been among the top originators for Berkadia, having closed approximately $4 billion in financing. Mr. Freedman joined Berkadia in 1999 and has many years of experience in debt origination (construction, bridge, and permanent loans) and underwriting on multifamily communities throughout the country. He has extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA/HUD programs.
Mr. Freedman is a frequent speaker at multifamily conferences, including the California Apartment Association, Crittenden National Conference: “Finding the Right Apartment Deal”, and the University of Southern California Masters of Real Estate program.
Most recently, Mr. Freedman was considered a "Rainmaker" by Real Estate Forum (The Rainmakers: Best of the Capital Markets) in February 2019.
Education & Certifications
- University of California Davis, Political Science and Economics
- University of Southern California, Masters of Real Estate Development
- CA RE License 01353401
Affiliations & Memberships
- Jewish Federation
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Agency Specialist: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA/HUD
- Multifamily Specialist With Background in Underwriting
- Knowledgeable About Markets Throughout the Country
Recent Press & Publications
- Berkadia Secures $56.5 Million in Financing for TruAmerica-Owned Denver Multifamily Property
- Berkadia Secures $42.93 Million Loan for New Jersey Multifamily Property
- Berkadia’s Los Angeles Office Ranks as Top Freddie Mac Lender in Western Region for Third Consecutive Year
- Berkadia Arranges Over $170 Million Credit Facility
- Berkadia and Ezralow Company Team Up for Multifamily Property in Washington State
- Allan Freedman in Real Estate Forum (The Rainmakers: The Best of Capital Markets) - Feb 2019
Awards & Notability
- Rainmaker - Real Estate Forum: The Rainmakers (Best of the Capital Markets) - Feb 2019