Nationally Recognized Market Leader in Real Estate Investment Banking
Charles Foschini is senior managing director of Berkadia, its highest production title, providing complex capital solutions to a focused clientele of major property owners throughout the United States. Unique among his peers, Charles’ team of six engages in a borrower-focused practice balanced between commercial and multifamily executions bringing creative solutions to every engagement. In addition to his production role, Charles co-manages the state of Florida, providing strategic vision and leadership to a dynamic team of investment sales and commercial finance professionals in one of the country’s top-producing regions. With over two decades of experience structuring complex transactions, Charles and his team have been involved in the sale and financing of commercial and multifamily properties totaling approximately $20 billion. These include several portfolio and landmark single-asset transactions in excess of $200 million.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Charles served as Vice Chairman for CBRE and member of its elite institutional group, where he started his career and was a perennial top producer at the national level across all product lines. A sought-after expert in his discipline, he is a frequently requested speaker at conferences by Crittenden, ULI, ICSC, MBA, NAIOP, IMN, and RealShare, among others.
Charles is a three-time alumnus of the University of Miami, where he earned an undergraduate degree, a Juris Doctor degree from the School of Law and a Master of Business Administration degree from the School of Business, each with honors of distinction. He is active in his community and with the University of Miami, where he is involved in several board and membership positions, including having served as an adjunct professor in the School of Law in its prestigious LLM program for real property.
Education & Certifications
- University of Miami, JD 1997
- University of Miami, MBA 1988
- University of Miami, BBA 1987
Affiliations & Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Structured Finance
Recent Press & Publications
- Rents Stabilize in South Florida as Apartment Deliveries Hit High
- Berkadia Arranges Financing for Class “AA” Apartment Acquisition
- Berkadia Secures Loans for Buyers of Florida Keys Hotels
- Berkadia Handles Bridge Loan for West Palm Beach Medical Office Makeover
- Charles Foschini Makes Strong Predictions for 2017 Lending Market
- Industry Leader Charles J. Foschini Joins Berkadia to Co-Lead Florida Expansion