Consistent Top 10 Multifamily Producer in the Western United States
Clay Akiwenzie is an experienced full life cycle lender in the multifamily space with more than$3B in closings since 2004. Clay began his career as a recourse construction lender focusing on Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) financed developments and has expanded from that niche to finance every type of asset where people live and pay rent. Clay has closed on a broad swath of business plans from land loans to discounted payoffs with the full compliment of lenders including banks, life insurance companies, debt funds, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA. Clay's detailed approach and broad experience base allows him to counsel even the most experienced clients through the vagaries of a tight closing timeline with multiple moving parts and imperfect information.
Education & Certifications
- University of California Haas School of Business, Berkeley - M.B.A.
- Stanford University -B.A.
Affiliations & Memberships
- California Real Estate Broker
Industry Specialization & Skills
- Conventional Market Rate Multifamily Finance: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, CMBS, Life Insurance
- Affordable Housing Finance: Project Based Section 8 Financing, LIHTC, Tax-Exempt Bond Financing
- Senior Housing: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing