Specializing in HUD-Insured Multi-Family Housing and Assisted Living Facilities
David H Blake, II is currently the senior managing director and FHA branch manager for the Richmond office of Berkadia. Since his start in the commercial mortgage sector in 2003, his office has consistently been a top producer for the owning entity. 2016 was a record setting year for the branch production with $403 Million in closings. Mr. Blake's production team specializes in multi-family housing and assisted living facilities that are backed by FHA/HUD Insurance.
Prior to joining Highland Mortgage in 2003, Mr. Blake worked in the environmental consulting industry, giving him a strong technical background of environmental issues that can impact potential projects. His hands-on experience and ability to explain technical tests and results to non-technical professionals has been a key benefit for his clients as they navigate the HUD MAP requirements.
In 1995 he joined Dominion Due Diligence Group, now D3G, as the Head of Sales and Marketing. At that time they were a five-person operation and over the next eight years, he helped grow the company to 50 employees. Part of that growth was a result of his initiative to focus on HUD-insured due diligence services.
Mr. Blake earned a Bachelor of Science from Virginia Tech in 1990.
Education & Certifications
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech), B.S.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Easter Lenders Association - Advisory Board Member
- Virginia Tech Real Estate - Advisory Board Member
Recent Press & Publications
- In Era of Tight Money, FHA Mortgage Insurance Is an Apartment Financing OptionThe Bureau of National Affairs, Inc