Tucker Knight is a Senior Managing Director and Head of Texas Originations at Berkadia, with responsibilities in loan origination, equity placement and management of the Texas offices. In 2016, Mr. Knight was the number one producing mortgage banker at Berkadia and guided the Houston office to its most productive year ever.
Mr. Knight joined Berkadia in May of 2015 with approximately $13 billion in commercial real estate transactions throughout his 16-year career. He specializes in office, industrial and multifamily properties and has extensive experience in arranging and structuring joint venture opportunities with life insurance companies, pension funds and advisors as well as originating debt for commercial real estate throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Berkadia, Mr. Knight was a Senior Managing Director for Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P., where he was the top producer nationally for several years. Before that, he was a Mortgage Banker with Allied Mortgage Capital Corporation.
A native Houstonian, Mr. Knight earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi and is a certified commercial investment member (CCIM). He is the Chairman of the Institute of Stem Cell Research and Education, and serves on the Board of Mutual of Omaha Bank, The National Advisory Committee for Freddie Mac, and is a Vice Chair of the IOPC Black Committee of the Urban Land Institute. Mr. Knight is a member of the Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Texas Real Estate Commission, International Council of Shopping Centers, and Association of Commercial Real Estate Professionals. He is a member of St. Luke’s Methodist Church, and also serves as Director for both the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and the Texas Wildlife Association. In his spare time, Mr. Knight enjoys riding with the Tejas Vaqueros.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors from the University of Mississippi
- Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
Affiliations & Memberships
- National Advisory Committee for Freddie Mac
- Vice Chair of the IOPC Black committee of the Urban Land Institute
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Texas Real Estate Commission
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Association of Commercial Real Estate Professionals
- Chairman of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Committee
- Chairman of the is Institute of Stem Cell research and Education